DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS - please do NOT use postcode in satellite navigation
Google Maps : for The Torre - type in 'Torre Bisenzio Allerona Italy'; for Casa Bassa type in 'Casa Bassa SP50 Fabro Italy'
Take A1 Rome to Firenze and exit at Fabro (one exit after Orvieto coming from Rome). DO NOT EXIT AT ORVIETO.
- After going past the toll gate, turn right as you get to the cross roads and head for Fabro/Allerona. (Left goes to Fabro Scalo)
- After approximately 400m, there is a cross road, with Unaway Hotel on the right.
- Turning right here is a straighter route to the villas, although the last 2km is a white road
- Going straight on at this junction, goes through Fabro paese, a picturesque drive around the curves of the hill, all on tarmac roads.
- There are signposts for Torre Bisenzio all the way from this crossroad onwards
IF YOU CHOOSE TO GO ON THE STRAIGHTER ROADS (recommended route - 6.8kms):
- Turn right at this junction by Unaway Hotel and follow signpost for Allerona/ Monte Rufeno
- After a few hundred meters, this road turns a sharp left, follow the bend to the left, ie do not take road to Salci
- After a drive of 4.8kms, the tarmac road turns into a white road (at Agriturismo Il Felcino)
- At the end of white road is a T-junction with a tarmac road with indications to the left for Fabro and to the right for Allerona. DO NOT turn left or right.
- Straight across is a very small white road, which is the way to Torre Bisenzio estate. This white road leads to Casa Bassa (0.75km up the road) and then to Torre Bisenzio which is at the top of the hill. There are signposts indicating the way to Torre Bisenzio at this junction.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO GO THROUGH THE MORE SCENIC ROUTE - FABRO PAESE (7.8kms):
- Drive straight on at the junction with Unaway Hotel on the right and continue towards Fabro Paese (village)
- After approximately 1.3kms there is a fork, left going through the village one-way system and right bypassing most of it. Both join up eventually.
- After a further 2.1kms, there is a junction. Keep on the right fork.
- After 3.7kms, turn right for Torre Bisenzio as indicated by the signpost.
- Turn left after 0.7kms onto a small white road which leads to Torre Bisenzio. There are signposts indicating the way to Torre Bisenzio at this turning.
Please text Cynthia on +39 32811.95300 to advise her of your expected time of arrival.
The Torre: 42° 50′ 31″ N - 11° 56′ 49″ E
Casa Bassa: 42° 84′ 46″ N - 11° 95′ 63″ E